Wednesday 24 January 2018

Shabby altered notebook



Hi lovely friends,
hope you are well! 
Thanks once again for stopping by.

I wanted to make something a bit different today, so have 
altered this notebook and turned it shabby style! 


I made this using just a plain old notebook that I 
purchased from a local shop in my home town.

It was pretty boring to begin with, so out came all of my 
glorious papers and embellishments and away to work I went! 

Here I have used a beautiful vintage photo of this darling girl, 
which I found for free on Pinterest. I am a teeny bit obsessed with
Pinterest, there are so many wonderful things on there to use in 
your crafts and also some wonderful inspiration if ever your 
Mojo happens to go missing, as mine regularly does!!


Here I have created a mulberry flower collage using 
pale pink Cherry Blossoms and pale pink open roses. 
I have also used a variety of leaf dies and glitter white stamens.


Here I have covered a pale pink fussy cut butterfly entirely 
with clear glitter glass, I love the effect it gives.


The digital papers I have used for this notebook are some that I purchased from 
two Etsy stores called:

and

They have some beautiful paper collections.
I have never used digital paper before and must say that I will 
definitely be purchasing more as the quality and designs are fabulous!


Lastly, I adhered a silver metal filigree decorative corner embellishment,
more cherry blossom and open roses to the right side of the 
notebook and printed out the words:

'Memories are special moments that tell our story'

I think this quote fits perfectly, as I am going to use this 
notebook as a journal to record my special memories of 2018.

See you on the next post,

Hugs
 Zowie xx


3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Zowie, love the quote too. Creative Blesings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tracy, I have loved making this! hugs xx

      Delete
  2. Super mooi gemaakt is dit boekje!
    Groetjes Jannie

    ReplyDelete