Friday 14 January 2022

Anne Boleyn

 

 


Hi lovelies, today I am sharing a closer look at my DT creation that I have made for Gecko Galz.
I have used a wonderful image of Anne Boleyn from the Henry's wives digital collage sheet. 






"My heart is set.
All goodly sport
for my comfort
who shall me let?"









I have always been interested in the History of King Henry VIII and the lives and sad demise of nearly all of his Six wives.  I have also always had a deep fascination with Anne Boleyn.


I live in the Midlands here in England and Henry VIII stayed at Warwick castle for a brief time back in 1511. 






I was really fortunate to visit the wonderful Warwick castle back when I was in Primary school aged seven. It is a magnificent place to visit and if you ever visit England, I would highly recommend a day trip there! 












After his progress through the Midlands, Henry VIII stayed at Warwick Castle from at least Tuesday 5th to Sunday 10th September 1511. Henry's royal progresses lacked the fanciful extravagance of his daughter 
Elizabeth I. and instead they were business -like and ripe with politicking.

In the castle's great hall he held court with his advisers, hearing the remonstrations and complaints from his tenants in the town and local area and undertook important court business. Such an arduous duty was likely broken up with excessive hunting by the king in the local parks (probably including Wedgnock) which were well known for their sport.









"The King has been very good to me. He promoted me from a simple maid to be a Marchioness. Then he raised me to be Queen. Now he will raise me to be a martyr"
-Anne Boleyn









Thanks so much for stopping by the Den, I really appreciate your visit!  

Zowie Dixon

2 comments:

  1. Hi Zowie, thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I have had a scroll through your blog and you obviously love history - I like the fabulous vintage images you use on your cards.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thank you for your kind words, they are much appreciated. I do love history, always loved learning the subject at school! Hugs Zowie x

      Delete