Sunday 16 January 2022

The Owls serenade

 






A wise old owl sat in an oak,
The more he heard, the less he spoke
The less he spoke, the more he heard,
why aren't we all like that wise old bird?












Hello lovelies, hope you are well! Today I am sharing a vintage owl card that I have created. 










I have used these beautiful papers from Pink Monarch Prints and this lovely vintage Owl advertisement from Pinterest. 
















To make my card, I have used some Kraft cardstock along with the Christmas junk journal papers. I have distressed all edges with Vintage Photo distress ink. Next, I tore some corrugated cardboard and adhered it to the left side of my card.








Here I have designed my own vintage library card. This is a fun way to personalise some ephemera. 


















Next, I adhered this beautiful red poinsettia along with red glitter stamens and some twine, which I wrapped around the owl image. I also added two feather die cuts from kraft cardstock. 















Thank you so much for stopping by the Den! See you on the next post! 



14 comments:

  1. Beautiful Vintage Owl card and great texture
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous Vintage inspired creation and so very tactile, thanks so much for sharing with us at River of Creativity January challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a stunner!!

    Thanks for sharing your awesome project with us at Cut it Up!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whooo live this wonderful Owl card. Me that's who. Wonderful image, papers, texture, arrangement and so much more.
    Melissa CHNC Christmas Design Team 2022
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thank you so much for your kind words, I really appreciate them. Hugs Zowie x

      Delete
  5. Zowie: What a marvelous mixed media card! The cluster you made with the poinsettia, extra stamens, and the die-cut feathers makes a beautiful accent for the corner! Terrific card! I like owls, too! I've got between 10-15 now including a ceramic one painted by a former student! :) Thanks for participating at MTTC's floral theme challenge! --Becca/DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words Becca. I love owls! That's fabulous about the ceramic one from a former student. I'm sure you treasure it! Hugs Zowie x

      Delete
  6. What a delightful and creative vintage assembly, thank you for joining us at the River of Creativity. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful card. Thanks for joining our Cut It Up Anything Goes challenge this week.

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful, I love your style. A stunning card. Thanks for sharing at Sparkles Monthly We so appreciate you taking to time to join us. Hugs. Caz. DT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. soo pretty! Thank you for you joining us at Corrosive challenge.
    DT. Blanca Ramírez

    ReplyDelete