Thursday 16 August 2018

Go where you feel most alive



Hello lovely friends, hope you are well!

I am so thrilled and honoured to be a Guest Designer this Month over on the
Frilly and Funkie Challenge blog 
  Our hostess, Sara Emily has chosen the following as this Months theme:


“Having just returned from our annual trek to the mountains of West Virginia where we observed so much natural beauty on our hikes, I couldn't help but make my challenge nature themed. You can make anything you like, from a card or tag to altered art, just be sure to include a natural element in your vintage or shabby chic project. Think real twigs, leaves, shells, pebbles. Or you could include a die cut or a stamped or stenciled  image representing a natural object.”




I wanted to create a real feel of nature for this tag, so I have used neutral tones. I have used a variety of papers from Maja design and Lemon craft and this delightful bird image. I distressed all layers with Walnut stain distress ink. 








Here I have used a Tim Holtz Bingo embossing folder on the top layer of paper, I also tore the edges, the paper was quite thin, which made the fibres break down a little, but the end result gave more of an old and worn distressed look, which I was happy with!  




To complete the final look, I used a grunge background stamp along with Black soot distress ink, which I applied on to the main image. I have also used the Tim Holtz Holiday Greens die set to use as a natural element and I printed out the words 'go where you feel most alive' and adhered those to the 
bottom of the tag.


Hope you like my nature inspired tag!

Thanks so much for stopping by,

Hugs,
Zowie xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment