Monday 4 May 2020

Happy Mother's day





Hello lovelies, hope you are keeping well and staying safe? Today there's a brand new challenge over at Artsystamper and the theme is 'Mum's the word'. The winner will receive a wonderful prize from the Artsystamper shop 


This creation is very dear to my heart. I wanted to create something really special to remember my mom by, so I have used a vintage photograph of her as a young girl. The photo was taken in 1949 and hand-tinted by her brother, my Uncle Phillip.(my mom was around Seven years old) Sadly I never knew my Uncle as he passed away before I was born. My mom had Six older brothers and I remember her telling such fond stories of them all! My mom sadly passed away in 1997 (I was Twenty Two at the time) so young to lose a mother. I am so lucky to have had a wonderful relationship with her and so thankful that I had a great and exceptional woman as my mother. If I can be half the mother and woman she was, then I know I have achieved something in my own life. Love you so much Mom x









I have used this beautiful Daffodil digital stamp from the early Spring beauty set along with papers from my own stash. 








To finish my tag, I have also used a piece of ruler ephemera to match the colour of the Daffodil stamp.

I hope that you will join in with the challenge over at Artsystamper the DT would love to see your wonderful creations! You can create anything, a card, tag, layout etc and you are not required to use an Artsystamper image, however, if you do you will gain an extra entry into the draw! 

Thanks so much for stopping by, see you on the next one! 








I would like to enter my creation into the following challenges:















5 comments:

  1. This is just amazing Zowie and such a treasure!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card and image
    Thank you for joining us
    Margaret
    CD Sunday plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love that you made a sweet card about your mother. You made it beautifully with lovely details. Thank you for playing with us at MMM and hope you can join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your story. Such a lovely photo of your Mum and very special. I lost my Dad when I was 22 and it is, as you say, far too young to loose a parent. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful way to remember your Mom!!! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Crafter's Castle this month....good luck :)
    Tantalaya “craftwithte”
    DT
    Crafter's Castle
    crafterscastle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete