Tuesday 9 April 2019

Thank you for reminding me what butterflies feel like!











Hello lovelies, hope you are well! There's a new craft challenge over at TTCRD so today I am sharing my DT creation! Our sponsor is The Project Bin; here is a little more information about them:








The Project Bin was started because it's founder, Denise Storck (a long-time stamper and paper-crafter) couldn't find a stamp that said 'you are awesome sauce' so she decided to make her own! One thing led to another and now her small business fills a niche in the card making industry for unique word art sentiments in the highest quality photopolymer clear stamps, made in the U.S.A










To make my card, I started with this fabulous Kinda- sorta clear stamp and using a clear block and Black soot distress ink, stamped the image onto a piece of kraft card stock. Next, I lightly distressed the edges using a distressing tool and Ground espresso distress oxide. I have also used these gorgeous papers from my stash,which I distressed using the same technique to achieve an old distressed vintage look.







Once all layers of paper had been adhered to my card base, I then lightly spread some white gesso in random places over the main stamped image. I let this dry naturally, then adhered that on to the centre of the card. I have also used a Tim Holtz stitch stamp to create a sewed look on the paper. 




Finally, I fussy cut a vintage clipart flower, distressed the edges using Ground espresso distress ink and adhered that also to the bottom corner of my card. Thanks so much for stopping by! Hugs, Zowie xx 


I would like to enter this into the following challenges:





Hand stamped sentiments challenge #312

Pearly sparkles challenge #39 flowers and showers

Use your stuff challenge #354

A Vintage Journey - Neutral zone


7 comments:

  1. A lovely card Zowie but I'm having trouble finding any of the colours from our challenge in your piece. Am I missing them somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Card. Thanks for playing along with us this month at Pearly Sparkles Challenge. Lisa DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful sentiment and card. Thanks for joining Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. Love your sentiment. Thanks for playing with us at HSS.

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete