Tuesday 19 December 2017

Vintage Christmas bauble


Hello lovely friends,
hope you are well!

I'm really in the festive spirit at the moment
and so looking forward to Christmas this year.

Here in the UK we don't celebrate Thanksgiving,
but I always use the opportunity at Christmas to 
reflect on how thankful I am to be spending time with
and celebrating the holidays with my amazing children. 

I realise every day, how lucky I am to be their momma,
and how they fill my life with such joy and happiness. 

Now, the three oldest are young adults and the youngest,
twelve years old, it makes you realise just how fast they 
grow up and how life passes us by so quickly. 


I made this vintage bauble using an image as on
one of my previous tags. I love it so much and 
it fitted perfectly for this art piece. 

There's something so magical about a
Victorian Father Christmas!

I started by using an Xcut snowflake bauble steel die,
the gorgeous papers are from First edition 'The promise'
collection and Dovecraft 'Curiosity corner' paper pad. 

Once the bauble had been completed, I then created
a collage of embellishments.


Here, I have used an M & C boutique floral leaves
cutting die, wooden Holly embellishments, 
pearl white stamens and a poinsettia 
created with a Sue Wilson filigree poinsettia die.

I have really enjoyed making this!

Here a few extra photos of my Christmas tree decor 
that I also wanted to share with you.
I came across these beautiful french glass baubles 
and just had to have them...
well, why not? sometimes you just have 
to treat yourself!









Thanks so much for stopping by,
see you on the next post.

Hugs
 Zowie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment