Thursday 14 July 2016

Alice in Wonderland


Hello everyone,

Today I'm bringing you my Alice in wonderland artwork, my nineteen year old daughter has always been a huge Alice fan since she was little, so she's the inspiration behind these. I wanted to make  something very special to give thanks to her for being my best friend and for everything that she does  I am truly blessed to be her momma. 





Alice in Wonderland altered frame

To make this i used a wooden photo frame and i primed it with white Gesso, i then used some Lindy's stamp gang sprays in blue Hawaiian blue and a bit o' bubbly and perfect pearls mists in blue patina.
I then used some modelling paste and a Tim Holtz Harlequin stencil to get a layered effect, when dry i sprayed some more Lindy's stamp gang. Once i had finished decorating the entire frame, i then added this wonderful image of Alice and the Mad hatters tea party. 





Here i have used some delightful wooden Alice embellishments that i ordered offline and have used some white cherry blossoms and blue roses, and a few metal key and clock charms,  I have filled a small glass vial bottle with some tiny blue pearl beads. 




I decorated the entire frame using the same embellishments and painted them with white gesso. 




I wanted to try my hand at some altered mail art and here i have used a plain white envelope, sprayed with Lindy's stamp gang sprays. Once dry, i then used a variety of Tim Holtz layering stencils with  picket fence distress paint and broken china distress ink. 
When the background was completely dry, i then used a cheshire cat stamp, Alice quote stamps and a Tim Holtz harlequin and curiosity quote stamp. 
Alice and the white rabbit were stamped onto water colour cardstock and coloured with Docrafts artiste pens. I cut these images out and adhered them onto the envelope. To complete the look i drew some hearts freehand and used xmas red stickles to give them some added sparkle. 

Thanks once again for stopping by to take a look at my blog, comments are always welcome. 
Hugs 
Zowie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment