Friday 13 December 2019

Olde Time Father Christmas



Hello lovelies, hope you are well! Today I am sharing a vintage Christmas card that I created yesterday. I just adore this beautiful Olde Time Father Christmas image. 




I have used a variety of papers; the wood texture paper is from my own stash, the vintage bingo card is from Pinterest and the music score sheet is from the Sepia Ephemera paper set. 




I started with a blank pre-scored Kraft card; next, I layered the wood texture and music score sheet paper. I distressed the edges with Black Soot DI. I then tore some corrugated card and adhered it to the left side of the card. 




Here I have adhered two banners of music score paper using a banner metal die behind the main image. 





To finish my card, I have used a Tattered Lace Poinsettia die along with the music score sheet paper and some Tim Holtz Holiday greens cut from kraft cardstock. Everything has been distressed with Black Soot DI and white acrylic paint. Thanks so much for stopping by, hugs Zowie xx 

I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges:

















13 comments:

  1. Fabulous vintage Christmas card! I love the combination of the white wash wood design and kraft paper. Beautiful! Thanks for joining the Cut It Up, "Anything Goes Christmas" Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an elegant vintage Christmas card, Zowie! I love your snowy layers! Thank you for sharing your Christmas card with us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique blog! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness, this is gorgeous and it looks like it was so much fun to make. It's so creative! I love the Santa image, of course, but the layers really make this card so elegant.

    Thanks for sharing your Anything Goes Christmas project with us at Cut it Up. Merry Christmas!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your vintage card, thank you for joining us at MAWTT. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! The composition is outstanding and I love the palette!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at A Place To Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW stunning vintage Christmas card love the image and great distressed layers and love the music score flower
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, what a gorgeous card, I love love love the Santa image and the subtle use of color. Thanks for joining in our challenge at The Funkie Junkie Boutique.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that image of Father Christmas. Thank you for joining us at the Creative Knockouts Challenge.
    April

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely gorgeous Zowie! Santa looks so at home in this vintage shabby chic style. Thank you for joining in with our challenge at The Funkie Junkie Boutique blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love shabby chic. So beautiful. Thanks for joining us for our challenge at the Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog. Hugs from Ginny at Polly's Paper Studio!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is absolutely gorgeous!! Saw your card at Cut It Up and had to come over for a closer look!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous creation, congrats on being top pick at Frilly & Funky!

    ReplyDelete