Wednesday 4 July 2018

Altered vintage Diary


Hello lovely friends, hope you are well!

Here in the UK we are having such glorious hot weather; usually our British summers only last a few days, once a year and then it's back to miserable cold, wet weather!

As you have probably guessed by now, I love anything nautical...what can I say, I just love the Ocean! Today I am sharing with you, a Diary that I have altered; I needed a new one, so this was a craft project that I thoroughly enjoyed making.


I started out with a just a plain ordinary Diary, which I purchased from my local stationary store. Next, I grabbed lots of my craft stash items and got to work! 


Here, I have used a variety of digital Scrapbook paper, cardboard packaging and a beautiful vintage image. Once adhered to the front cover of the diary, I then used Tim Holtz 
Picket fence distress paint to give a shabby chic effect.


Next, I added lots of embellishments; which include, a 'Fisherman's net' Fantasy metal die, cheesecloth, a silver-tone ships wheel charm and a fussy cut Seahorse, which have all been lightly brushed with Picket fence distress paint and Vintage photo distress ink.




I then tied vintage cream lace through some of the metal binding on the side of the diary.


Finally, I added some silver-tone metal charms to the elastic closure.


Here is a close up of the metal charms, which include a gorgeous Seahorse shaped key, a fantasy Mermaid, an anchor and shell, which again, have been distressed with Picket fence distress paint. 


I cannot wait to use my new diary! Thank you for stopping by to take a look, I really do appreciate you visiting!

See you on the next post,

hugs, Zowie xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment