Friday, 21 August 2026

Love always

The bond with a true dog is as lasting

as the ties of this earth

will ever be 

Hello lovelies, 'hope you are well! today I am sharing a shabby chic card that I have created.

My card features a painting of my beautiful girl Roxie {aka the Sugar Bear!} of when she was a puppy. Roxie is a Staffordshire bull terrier & is Eleven years old now. I love her so much and she truly is my soulmate. You can find out more about my darling girl HERE.

 I have created my card using this darling painting of Roxie, which I designed myself.


To start, I have used some kraft cardstock as a base & I have also used lots of layers with these papers:

Shabby pink ruler ~ My porch prints.
Vintage pink lace papers~ Romantica arts.
Vintage music sheet ~ from my own stash.


I wanted to create a lovely shabby chic design for my card, so I have used lots of French vintage lace. To finish, I added some beautiful shabby pink roses and a word label that I designed myself.

I hope that I have inspired you to create your own shabby chic card!


Thank you so much for stopping by the Den, I really appreciate your visit and kind comments! 

Zowie Dixon

I would like to enter this creation into the following challenges:













14 comments:

  1. I have a Roxie too, she's turning 16 this year and it's hard to imagine how long she's lived with us. Your Roxie is a doll and her painting is amazing. Thanks for joining us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge, and sharing your lovely card with us.
    Donna xx
    The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    The Inspiration Station Challenge
    The Paper Funday Challenge
    The Pick 3 Challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Donna, thank you for your lovely comment, it is much appreciated. It's great that you have a Roxie too! Roxie's are the best aren't they?!! I don't know where the time goes, they grow up so fast! Hugs, Zowie x

      Delete
  2. Your card is a fitting tribute to your lovely dog, Roxie. The pastel colors let her shine and are perfect for the beautiful scene you have created for her. Thanks so much for sharing your card at Let's Craft and Create. Cheryl W, DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! She's so cute!! I love your card. It's beautiful and different in a wonderful way :) I love cards like that, and this one puts a smile on my face :) Thank you for joining the Beautiful Blossoms monthly challenge! We look forward to seeing more of your beautifully created submissions in the future! ~ Amanda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amanda, thank you for your kind words, they are much appreciated! I'm glad that my Roxie brought you a reason to smile! Hugs Zowie x

      Delete
  4. How sweet! Love your fur baby Roxie and your take for our challenge this time around. Thanks for sharing with us at Sparkles Monthly - Melissa DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! Thanks so much for sharing with us at A Place to Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful card featuring your adorably cute dog, Roxie. The soft colours and added vintage details are gorgeous.
    Thank you for joining in with the Crafts Galore Encore August Challenge “Anything Goes” x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so very much Andree! hugs Zowie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card and your Roxie. We lost our red-nosed white pit a year or so ago and when I saw Roxie, I thought of ours. Beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card. Beautifully designed. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner this month. Hope to see your lovely art work back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete