Thursday 17 May 2018

Nautical tag tutorial (Let your dreams set sail)



Hello lovely friends, hope you are well!

Today, I am sharing a step by step tutorial of how I made my vintage nautical tags, for my challenge blog Crafts Dreamy



To make this tag, I started with a blank piece of white card stock measuring 5 1/4 " x 3 1/4" 
I then inked the edges with Tim Holtz Vintage photo distress ink.


Next, I chose this beautiful Vintage Sailor boy image to use as a focal point on my tag.


I have used these beautiful digital papers Denim and Diamonds 
and some torn cardboard for added interest.




I used Vintage photo distress ink on all edges and Picket fence distress paint to highlight certain areas on my tag and the cardboard piece to give a more shabby, vintage look to everything.


I have also stamped certain areas of the paper using a Kaisercraft texture background stamp and vintage photo distress ink. 


Once everything had been adhered using double sided tape and pop dots (under the photo) I then added a little more of the Picket fence distress paint.



Finally, I adhered some cheese cloth and a fussy cut Anchor embellishment to the right side of the tag. I have also added a quote 'let your dreams set sail'.

Here are the rest of my nautical tags that I have made, I hope you like them?! 





Thanks so much for stopping by, see you on the next one!

hugs,
Zowie xx

2 comments:

  1. They are absolutely gorgeous, Zowie.
    Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lisa, sorry that I am only replying now, just seen your comment! I have loved making these tags, a Nautical theme is one of my very favourites! Hugs, Zowie xx

      Delete