Tuesday 7 May 2019

What a day!





Hello lovelies, hope you are well! There's a new challenge over at TTCRD and our lovely sponsors are Stix2 Anything. There's also a fab prize to be won too! Here is a little more info about them:

Stix2 is based in the UK and supply amazing products to the craft, hobby, scrapbooking and stationary market. We have hundreds of different types of adhesives, tapes, glues, PVA's, hot glue, foam pads... to suit everyone's preference. And then we have a whole host of ancilliary products to go with them, you can see the full range HERE
Based in the North East of England we supply to craft shops around the world, making many of our products on our premises. 




Here is my DT creation; please carry on reading to see how I made my vintage art tag...





To create my vintage tag, I first chose this lovely pink crackled paint texture paper that I purchased from Etsy a while back. (I have tried to add the link to the shop, but unfortunately it no longer exists.) I also chose this delightful vintage image to use as a focal point on my tag. 





I have used a sheet of paper from the shades of September pack from Raspberry road designs; a fishing net kraft card die cut and a small vintage clipart Crab. 






I tore a piece of corrugated card and inked the edges with Ground Espresso distress oxide. 



I adhered all layers of paper onto a piece of kraft card stock measured at 5.5 inches x 3.5 inches. I distressed all edges with a Tim Holtz distressing tool and Ground Espresso distress oxide. I then adhered the piece of corrugated card using double sided tape. Next, I adhered the vintage image to the centre of the tag also, using double sided tape along with some sticky foam squares to give some height, so that it stands up, off the layers of paper and corrugated card. 




Next, I adhered cheesecloth using wet glue to the bottom left corner of the tag. Over that, I adhered the fish net die cut and clipart Crab. 




Finally, I printed out the words 'what a day' and adhered them to the tag. I have loved making this! Thanks so much for stopping by, I really do appreciate it. Hugs Zowie xx 

Links:





1 comment:

  1. So many elements to enjoy with this project vintage tag .Love how they just seem to fit together so beautifully

    ReplyDelete