Friday 4 November 2016

Altered art; artist trading cards



Hi friends,
hope you are well!

Today I am sharing with you, my altered art artist trading cards.

When i first started crafting, many moons ago, it was scrapbook
 pages and tags that i mainly created.

It's been so lovely getting back into making tags and
artist trading cards.




This atc (artist trading card) I have named
'Her magical wings gave her the courage to fly'

I have used a mixture of vintage paper to create
a collage effect. The beautiful mermaid image had been
hanging around for some time doing nothing, so
I had to show off her beauty somehow!

Once everything was adhered to the card stock base,
I added some appropriate words, from an old book.

Next, i added some sparkly cabochons which i outlined
with a vintage photo distress marker.

I'm really pleased with how the project has turned out.




'Betty had many sweethearts'


For this atc, I have used some blue looking vintage paper
and distressed the edges with broken china distress ink.

Next, I used picked raspberry and broken china distress ink
with a bubble layering stencil by Tim Holtz to achieve the background.


I then used a music note and sewing stamp around
the edges of the atc.

Finally,  I fussy cut out this wonderful image and adhered that and
some torn paper to complete the look.

I have also added some glitzy silver cabochons.

The inspiration for this atc
came from my very own
retro tattoos!




'Apparently Mona Lisa was very professional'!


I created this using a printed luggage tag from my
own craft stash.

I have used this image of the Mona Lisa before in
another one of my projects and love it so much,
so had to use it again!

I adhered the image and some words from an old book
onto the tag. Next, I stamped a crown using one of
my own stamps and adhered that onto the top of her head.
I also used platinum stickles to give the crown some added sparkle.

To complete the tag, I stamped the word 'fabulous' onto a
separate piece of white card and altered the colour
using Wild honey distress ink,
which I adhered to the bottom of the tag.
 Finally, I added some sparkly red hearts.




I really hope you like these altered art projects?

Please feel free to leave a comment and to follow my blog,
it would be very much appreciated.


Hugs
 Zowie xx






No comments:

Post a Comment