Sunday 4 February 2024

Let them eat cake!

 






Hello lovelies, hope you are keeping well! Today I am hosting over at 'Sunday postcard art'. I am really honoured and thrilled that Mandy invited me to create a postcard for the challenge! 

The theme this week is 'Marie Antoinette'  















I created my postcard using a piece of kraft cardstock measuring 6x4 inches. I then distressed the edges of the card using vintage photo distress ink. Next, I adhered this lovely vintage pink lace 
paper and book page.

















I then layered this wonderful image on to some more kraft cardstock and adhered on to the centre of the postcard. I also adhered some fussy cut butterflies. 












To finish, I have used a stamp from the set dates from the past part two from Sam Poole. I then printed the words "Qu'ils mangent de la brioche"  ("let them eat cake") and adhered to my postcard.        






          ******************************






Thank you so much for stopping by the Den, I really appreciate your visit and kind comments! 

20 comments:

  1. Delightful, love the details!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very lovely example picture and a fun challenge, Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic!!! Happy Sunday
    Mine is
    HERE
    Much♡love

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, Zowie, a great sample and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful sample make for SPA and great way to rock the Gecko Galz Marie. Thanks for hosting, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Aimeslee, thanks for your lovely comment. Hugs Zowie x

      Delete
  6. Fabulous postcard and Vintage image,love the lace paper and little butterflies.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, great card with Marie Antoinette!
    Thanks for joining our challenge.
    Caroline DT 2Sistersontheblog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comment Michele, it is much appreciated! Hugs Zowie x

      Delete
  9. Fantastic. I love this. Challenging theme idea, though. Anne (Cornucopia)

    ReplyDelete
  10. A glorious Marie postcard, Zowie! Love all the vintage details. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carole, thank you so much for your kind words, they are much appreciated. Hugs Zowie x

      Delete