Thursday 15 August 2019

Secrets of the Sea


Hello lovely friends, hope you are well!

Today I am sharing this mixed media Oceanic tag that I have created.


 I used a white cardstock tag and on to that I adhered grey paper. Next, I used Decoart modelling paste through a Tim Holtz bubble stencil. Once the paste was dry, I then used a combination of Tattered Angels Patina glimmer mist and Lindy's stamp gang, blue Hawaiian blue starburst spray (drying in between sprays with a heat tool) over the dry paste.
 Next I added some torn text tissue paper, using a glue stick, to certain parts of the tag.



Once the background was created, I then adhered a honeycomb die cut (in kraft cardstock) to the top left and bottom right hand corner of the tag. Next, I added some torn cardboard in certain places and I also adhered a beautiful Seahorse embellishment to the centre.




Finally, I adhered some cheesecloth, an M and C Boutique natural foliage diecut, burlap string, Xcut cog dies and an anchor embellishment to the corner of my tag. The foliage die has also been sprayed with the same Lindy's and Tattered Angels spray mists.
I have also used Tim Holtz picket fence distress paint and vintage photo distress ink to highlight certain areas on my tag. I had lots of fun making this!

Thanks for stopping by, see you on the next one!

Hugs,
Zowie xx 

I would like to enter my tag in to the following challenges:






14 comments:

  1. Zowie, it is so very beautiful, love the feeling of water-life and the added texts . Dorthe xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so very much my lovely friend, I really appreciate your lovely and kind words. Hugs, Zowie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome sauce, Zowie! Thanks for joining us at Bleeding Art!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great mixed media piece! I love all the texture you have got on this :D

    Huge hugs

    Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really wonderful. Thanks for sharing with us.
    DIY Painting Kits

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous tag! It’s perfect for our Under The Sea Challenge over at Patties Creations! Thanks for joining us!
    Hugs, Joy dt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joy, thanks so much for your lovely comment. Hugs, Zowie xx

      Delete
  7. This is so nice! It goes perfect with our current challenge “Beach/Under the Sea” at Patties Creations Design Challenge. Thanks for joining us…
    Pattie
    Artist and Owner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pattie, thanks so much for your lovely comment. Hugs, Zowie xx

      Delete
  8. A gorgeous tag. Wonderful textures and layers of interest.
    Thank you for joining in with our August challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media. Good luck x

    ReplyDelete